Saturday, April 14, 2012

How to get UnrealScript Syntax in FlashDevelop


I've copied the as2.xml and used the syntax highlighting xml I grabbed from from a link on the UDK forums

UnrealScript.xml save it here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Settings\Languages\UnrealScript.xml


Then Edit the C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Settings\MainMenu.xml

Add this:
<button label="&amp;UnrealScript" click="ChangeSyntax" tag="UnrealScript" flags="Enable:IsEditable+Check:IsEditable|IsActiveSyntax" />

Underneath:
<button label="Label.Text" click="ChangeSyntax" tag="text" flags="Enable:IsEditable+Check:IsEditable|IsActiveSyntax" />


Then in  C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Settings\ScintillaNET.xml

Add:
<include file="$(BaseDir)\Settings\Languages\UnrealScript.xml" />

This should now give you and option to use 'UnrealScript' in the syntax dropdown.

I've created an empty Haxe project and saved it inside C:\UDK\UDK-2012-02


One of the main features I can't stand in visual studio and notepad++ is having to maintain my project file, in FlashDevelop the project shows what's actually on disk and for me that's a huge time saver.

In my opinion Flashdevelop is simply the best code editing tool I've used. It's customisable, simple, and easy to use. features like duplicate line, wrapping searches and project /outline panels are worth their weight in gold when it comes to spending less time fighting your IDE and more time coding.


No comments:

Post a Comment